Corporate Topics & Workshops
How to Lead in Turbulent Times
- Assets of your personal narrative
- Leading with courage
- Sustaining your leadership
How to Create Adaptability in a Changing Marketplace
- Understanding change—in individuals and organizations
- Tapping into the power of resilience and
- Accessing creativity and innovation in your organization
How to Integrate Ethics and Values
- Developing criteria for ethics in the workplace
- Aligning corporate ethics and mission
- Creating value through transparent ethics
Unleash the Asset of Workplace Diversity
- Dignifying difference
- Trusting and discovering your voice
- Strengthening corporate values
Creating an Open Mind-Set Workplace
- Steps to creating an open mind-set environment
- Unlocking new solutions
- Expect increased engagement from your team
Being Human in the Workplace
- Corporate responsibility & impact on the world
- The role of empathy and compassion
- Navigating conflict and difficult relationships
Robert V. Taylor – Corporate Leadership
Robert Taylor is an articulate and compelling communicator of values, vision and strategy, encouraging others to lead with courage and conviction. His mediation skills have successfully resolved intractable disputes between organizations. In addition, his international background and experience in Africa and the Middle East bring a capacity to engage a variety of cultural perspectives and move strategic agendas forward.
Communication & Conflict Resolution
Robert’s success at mediation, resolving conflicts and creating consensus stem from his capacity to listen, engage divergent agendas and forge consensus in order to realize strategic organizational priorities.
His lifelong track record of leading organizational change based on values-driven strategies and community service include these highlights:
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu invited him to lead a foundation to develop practices of leadership development in the area of conflict resolution.
- Appointed by the Mayor of Seattle, Robert gathered endorsements from corporate and philanthropic leaders to lead a successful initiative to address housing and homelessness issues.
- As Trustee and Executive Committee member of the Episcopal Cathedral in New York City, Robert helped eliminate a multi-million dollar deficit and refocus the institution on its core mission and values.
- Robert serves on Boards of the Academy of Imagination in Wilmington, North Carolina, the Desmond Tutu Peace Foundation in New York, The Committee to End Homelessness in King County and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.
- As a Director on the Board of Episcopal Charities in New York, Robert was responsible for grant making as well as the Mid-Hudson Valley AIDS Task Force.
- Most recently, as CEO, President and Chair of the Board of Directors of St. Mark’s Cathedral in Seattle, he re-energized the church and significantly increased its membership and funding for community projects.
His work in revitalizing organizations combines progressive and visionary leadership with accountability to fiscal discipline and transparency.
Robert Taylor has authored 15 published articles, a monthly magazine column and monthly newsletter opinions on leadership, values and mission driven priorities of the organizations he has led. A former radio correspondent, he has frequently appeared on radio and television addressing issues of ethics, values and institutional leadership.